Easy Canned Tomato Salsa
Tomato salsa is a great way to use up those extra tomatoes from your garden, and it’s a delicious and healthy treat to enjoy with crackers, bread, pizza and even sandwiches. Go ahead and give this recipe a try for your next snack! It can also be canned for use all year!
- 8 cups tomatoes (chopped)
- 2 cups onion (chopped)
- 1 cup hot peppers (chopped)
- 2 large cans tomato paste
- 2 cups vinegar
- 2 tbsp salt
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 6 cloves garlic (chopped)
- ¼ cup fresh basil or cilantro (chopped)
- 2 tbsp thyme or oregano
- Chop tomatoes with chopper and put in cheese cloth to drain out excess juice. (You can save the extra tomato juice for soup!)
- Put in a large pot with all other ingredients.
- Bring to a slow boil, add fresh herbs and boil about 5 minutes.
- This recipe can be canned so you can enjoy fresh salsa year round!
If using dried herbs, add them with all other ingredients.