Our traditional bruschetta is simple and easy to make, but packed with delicious ingredients and fantastic flavour. Serve as a simple lunch or an appetizer for your dinner party. It’s easy to pull off and your guests will appreciate this little taste of Italy!
- 8 diced roma tomatoes (other varieties will work too)
- ⅓ cup red onion (diced)
- 1 bunch fresh basil
- 3 cloves garlic (chopped)
- ½ cup balsamic vinegar
- ½ cup olive oil
- 1 dash salt & pepper
- ¼ cup fresh parmesan cheese
- 1 sliced loaf of long French bread
- Dice tomatoes, red onion and garlic and put into a medium sized bowl. Set aside. In a food processor, chop basil until very fine. Add to tomato mixture. Add balsamic vinegar, oil, salt and pepper and mix well.
- In the meantime, grill or broil the bread until just toasted. Scoop on Bruschetta topping, sprinkle with parmesan cheese and return to the oven until cheese is melted. Serve and enjoy!