Quick Cucumber Salad with Dill
Salads don’t always have to be made with the typical ingredients like lettuce and tomatoes. This salad uses pickled cucumbers as the star, with hints of dill and horseradish. A delicious appetizer that also tastes amazing on rye bread with cheese on top.
- 2 english cucumbers
- 2 tsp sea salt or table salt
- ½ cup cider vinegar
- ¼ cup white sugar
- 1 tbsp dry mustard
- 2 tsp drained bottled horseradish
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh dill
- Thinly slice the cucumbers and toss in bowl with the salt. Let stand for 15 minutes. Rinse and pat dry with paper towels.
- In a separate bowl whisk the vinegar, sugar, horseradish and dill until sugar is dissolved. Stir in the cucumbers and let stand for at least five minutes.
This makes a great appetizer when served on rye bread with Havarti or Gouda cheese.