Easy Greek Salad
Use fresh tomatoes, cucumbers, peppers and lettuce from your garden to make this easy Greek salad! Makes a great side dish for any meal and combines the best flavours of Greek cuisine. Serve with chicken, fish and pita bread.
- 6 large basil leaves (chopped)
- 3 sprigs oregano (chopped)
- 2 cloves garlic (finely chopped)
- 1 tsp sugar
- ⅓ cup balsamic vinegar
- ⅔ cup olive oil
- 1 package feta cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
Enough veggies to fill a medium-large sized salad bowl
- 3-4 vine-ripened tomatoes
- 1 english cucumber
- ½ red onion
- ½ head Boston or baby bib lettuce or Sweet Valley simply salad
- ½ bell pepper
- ½ cup black olives
- Chop veggies into smaller than bite size pieces.
- Mix together in a large salad bowl and place in the refrigerator.
- In a large measuring cup combine olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Add garlic, chopped basil, and oregano. Add sugar and salt and pepper to taste. Stir vigorously with fork.
- Add dressing to veggies and mix to cover. Add one package of feta cheese coarsely crumbled or cubed. Mix, chill and toss before serving.