Lemon Rosemary Cookies
These lemon rosemary cookies combine the delicious refreshing flavours of lemon with earthy pine-like hints of rosemary. Chosen by chefs as a simply delectable treat for any occasion!
- 1 cup butter softened
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1-2 tsp fresh rosemary (finely chopped)
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- 2 tbsp lemon balm or lemon verbena
- 3 cups of flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 pinch of salt
- Cream the butter, sugar, rosemary, lemon zest, and lemon herbs.
- Combine the dry ingredients and mix with the butter mixture.
- Shape dough into 2 rolls about 2 inches in diameter.
- Put in freezer for ½ hour.
- Take 3 or 4 tbsp of sugar and mix with grated rind of 1 lemon.
- Roll cookie dough into the above mixture and slice ¼ inch thick.
- Bake at 375ºF for 10 –12 minutes.