Lemon Verbena Iced Tea
This lemon verbena iced tea is infused with a sunny citrus flavour! It’s simple to make, but ever so delicious, and a great twist to the popular iced tea drink. Lemon verbena has relaxant qualities and is known to sooth the stomach and calm the mind. So grab a glass of this refreshing tea and let it rejuvenate you!
- 20 stems lemon verbena
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 12 cups water
- 3 lemons
- 1½ cups green tea or your favourite black tea
- 1 bunch fresh spearmint
- Prepare 6 glasses or bottles by putting a couple verbena stems in each, and place the remainder of the stems in a large pot. Add the sugar.
- Quarter 1 lemon and add to the pot.
- Add water, bring to a boil, and leave to simmer for about 2 minutes until slightly syrupy.
- Remove from heat, discard lemon, and set aside to cool.
- While it is cooling, pour about an inch of your green or black tea, some mint leaves, and 1/4 lemon into each glass or bottle.
- Juice the remaining lemon and use it to season your cooled lemon verbena syrup. Add additional sugar if necessary.
- Strain syrup using a funnel, pour about 2 tablespoons into each of your glasses and let them cool in the refrigerator.