Pineapple Sage Salsa
The perfect way to enjoy the flavours of summer! This pineapple sage salsa has a tropical vibe with its juicy pineapple chunks, complemented by the lemon, eucalyptus and minty hints of fresh sage.
- 2 cups fresh pineapple cut into ½ inch pieces
- ½ cup sweet red pepper
- ¼ cup sweet onion finely chopped
- ½ teaspoon chipotle pepper crushed (hot chili peppers can be substituted)
- ¼ cup pineapple sage flowers coarsely chopped or 1 cup chopped pineapple sage leaves
- ⅛ cup parsley leaves for garnish
- Mix all ingredients together and refrigerate 12 hours to get all of the flavours and juices extracted. Mix again before serving and garnish with parsley leaves.
To get ¼ cup of flowers, you’ll need 20 or more flower stems of pineapple sage. Serve with Tostito® scoops or use on seafood or pork. Believe it or not, it tastes pretty good on on ice cream too!. You might consider eliminating the onions, even though they’re sweet.