Roasted Butternut Squash with Rosemary
Enjoy the flavours of fall with roasted butternut squash and rosemary. Golden brown, caramelized, and seasoned with fresh rosemary, it has a delectable sweet taste and buttery texture. If you’ve never roasted butternut squash before, you have to try it this fall!
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup oil or butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons fresh rosemary leaves
- Other herbs or spices as desired such as sage, cinnamon or nutmeg.
- Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- Peel, chop and scrape cavity of 1 butternut squash (approx 3-4#), making 1-2” cubes.
- Toss cubes with the other ingredients (more or less depending on the size of your squash)
- Spread on a lightly greased, foil-lined cookie sheet.
- Roast in the oven stirring 2-3 times during cooking period. Test to see if squash can be easily pierced with a fork. Enjoy!