Turkey Meatballs with Creamy Basil Sauce
Meatballs can be made with a variety of meats. These turkey meatballs are served with a creamy basil sauce and are leaner than beef meatballs. They are super moist on the inside and are delicious on whole wheat pasta with a side of tender green beans.
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 2 egg whites
- 3 crushed Ryvita® rye crackers
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 bunch of basil
- A few sprigs of thyme
- ¼ cup chives
- Olive oil
- Fresh tomatoes cooked until tender
- Asiago cheese
- Ceasar dressing
- Preheat the oven to 375º F.
- Combine the meat ball ingredients, form into balls, and bake for 15-20 minutes until no longer pink in the center.
- While the meatballs are cooking, cook the tomatoes until tender in a large saucepan. Remove from heat, and add the remaining ingredients.
- Add meatballs to the skillet and spoon sauce over the meatballs.
Add fresh herbs to taste. The more the better!